What is Pitra Dosha?
Pitra refers to ancestors. There are different views on how pitra dosha is formed according to some opinions of astrologers if any wrong done by ancestors or to ancestors either by others will forms Pitra Dosh. This Dosha can vary based on the placement of malefic planets either in 9th house or affliction to Sun. Rahu is one main planet which causes Pitra Dosh in Vedic astrology. There are other schools of thought as well. Some astrologers states that Pitra Dosh is an indication that ancestors of people, who have Pitra Dosh in their horoscope, could not be relieved of their sufferings either due to the results of their own wrong doings or because of unnatural/premature death.
It suggests that forefathers of the person having Pitra Dosh in the horoscope are unhappy with the native. Some Astrologers believe that Pitra Dosh is caused due to lack of fulfillment of any parental desire.
Affliction of 9th house, 9th house lord by any malefic planet is called Pitra Dosh. It is considered very serious kind of Pitra Dosh if Rahu or ketu afflicts the Sun by placement. It is also considered problematic if Saturn is the afflicting planet.
Signs of Pitra Dosh:-
If one feel the effects mentioned down, one should consult Vedic astrologer:-
- Abortion, repeated miscarriages,
- Problems in conceiving
- Break in education and career growth
- Delayed marriage, relations in marriage not good.
- Work not completed on time, delay in works.
Vedic Remedy for Pitra Dosh:-
- For Pitra Dosh One should perform Narayan Bali Puja at Trimbkeshwar, but be aware that pundit should be learned one as there are lot many fake pundits which will empty your pocket in the name of pitra dosa.
- Performing shradh ceremony and pind-daan in Ashwin month of Hindu calendar.
- Perform Rudrabhishek (Rudra Abhishek) in the name of ancestors.
- If Saturn is afflicting Sun or afflicting 9th house then one should keep fast on Saturdays, One should recite Shani Chalisa.
- When Rahu is afflicting Sun one should give red masoor to the down trodden section of society like sweeper. Worshipping Durga Maa or any other forms of Maa especially in navratras also reduce the effect of Rahu to some extent.
- When Ketu is afflicting Sun Fasting on Ganesh Chaturthi or Ganesh Poojan or reciting Ganesh Chalisa helps in removing negative effects of Ketu.